One month until departure

Let me catch you up on the Chadduck Family activities since my last post in May. Seems I completely missed June with all the activity at work and wrapping up my position at Sacred Heart.

Bob, Stephanie and I all ran Bloomsday this year and I must admit I am impressed with Stephanie's performance. She finished only five minutes after I did and ran her fastest Bloomsday ever posting 1:28.

The first weekend in June the Chadduck boys headed to Issaquah for the WA Cup. A lacrosse tournament on the west side hosting the best teams in WA state. This is where the heavy hitters show up and typically to put it plainly, we have had our backsides handed to us the past few years.

The South Hill Stingers played five games and went 5-0 on the weekend winning the Silver bracket of the WA Cup. They defeated some of the best teams in the state including Mercer Island and Bellevue who are heavy favorites in this tournament. They rarely lose but they did that weekend and we are really happy they did!

The Stingers finished the season 25-5-1 to wrap up a really great year with a fun group of parents and kids. Way to go Stingers we are so proud of you!

South Hill Stingers Lacrosse - 2015 WA Cup Silver bracket 5-0 on the weekend. Way to go Stingers, we are so
proud of you. Congratulations!

Matthew and Alex 
Stings Lacrosse 2015 - WA Cup

Mid June we traveled to Tri-Cities to celebrate Grandma Sheela's 90th birthday. What a great day celebrating one of my favorite people and also saying goodbye to many family and friends before we head to Japan.

Alex, Stephanie, mom, me and Grandma Sheela ,  Happy 90th Birthday!

The week school let out, Paul and Rickie Clark arrived from Kansai  for a couple of days. They were in the Pacific Northwest visiting churches, family and friends. We had a nice visit and they shared a wealth of information about living in Japan. What kind people with so many amazing experiences in the field. I was pleasantly surprised to learn Osaka has a Costco and I will be able to buy Dr. Pepper in Japan.

The end of June brought Hoopfest and oh so hot temperatures! Both Alex and Stephanie played again this year. Alex with a group from school, the "Smoking Piglets" and Stephanie with a couple of friends known as, "Just Net". Both teams lived to play on Sunday with Alex's team going 1 - 3 and Stephanie's team going 4 - 2. I admit, by late Saturday, I was relieved they lost so they did not have to play in the heat anymore.


Hoopfest 2015 - Smoking Piglets
 Hoopfest 2015 - Just Net

The first week of July was my last week at Sacred Heart and though I am relieved to be finished with the long hours, I am really going to miss my team. Such kind, thoughtful and fun loving women. We had a wonderful farewell dinner at the Davenport with much laughter and great memories. What a privilege to be part of such an amazing group of women. I am truly blessed to have worked with you all.

Lori, Bev, me, Kathy and Becky - (not pictured Candace and Shannon)

We officially kicked off summer with our annual 4th of July party at the lake. My parents came up for the week and we had a great time boating, fishing, eating, napping, golfing and catching up with family and friends whom we love dearly.

Alex w/a large mouth bass at Spirit Lake 

As I write this entry, the phone is ringing off the hook because Bob listed a bunch of stuff on Craigslist. So far today he has given away the "kids cave" couch, TV and has a buyer stopping buy tomorrow morning to look at another piece of furniture.

The Jeep went up for sale today as well, and between the time I went to lacrosse practice with Alex this evening and returned, it sold too! To put it in Alex's words, "Well, this makes it seem all the more real now". I have to agree. I know we are going, we have visa's in hand, and are saying our goodbyes but for some reason, giving away your stuff and selling one of your cars seems like, oh my...this is really happening.

We are one month from departure and continue to learn a lot about Japan, the school and ourselves as we push forward with this adventure. I regularly get asked if I am scared and the answer is no. I am really not scared, just excited and ready to begin our adventure. The tough part is having so many details to wrap up here while our minds are shifting towards life in Heguari.

Our support is growing steadily as we share our plans with those who are interested. We are so grateful for the prayers, financial support and warm, loving gestures of friends, family, co-workers and neighbors. I am really touched and overwhelmed by the genuine, kind expressions of friendship and excitement others have shared with us as we prepare to leave the states.

Praise be to God who is faithful and has blessed us richly with true friendship and a strong faith community. I apologize this post is so long. I will try to post more frequently and keep them shorter in the future. I had a months worth of activities to catch up on so now you are in the know.

In Christ,

Bob, Kelly Alex and Stephanie Chadduck



Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel