Good news!

Remember how I wrote about failing my first exam last year? Well, I retook the subject, and I got the results today and....


I PASSED!!! (Also, sorry for the weird editing. I tried to blur stuff out, but I may have overdone it :p I learnt from last year's mistakes and studied my kanji this time, so yay! I must have done something right (because tbh, I was predicting a low pass).

I was so happy that I went to Sushiro for lunch :D

MY SUSHI
I also figured that since I was going to try some of the specials, I would take photos. First up: abalone!


I know some people don't like it, but I've always been a fan. This is prepared two ways - sashimi (crunchy) and steamed (chewy). Personally, I prefer the steamed version, but both were good.

Next: Hokkaido Ikura


I have a weird relationship with ikura. I loved it when I was a kid, but one day, I just stopped eating it altogether. This carried on for a few years, until where I'm back into the "will eat" mode. I'm not as big a fan as when I was small, but if it's on the special menu, I will request it.

And lastly... MELON!!


This cost the same amount as all my sushi combined. Or about 9 plates of regular sushi (the specials are a bit more expensive). But, it's a limited-edition thing, and I have very little willpower if something is limited edition.

By the way, when they served this to me (because there's no way this can go down the conveyor belt), I heard a popping sound. Turns out they have those popping candies - I don't know if you had it when I was a kid, but it was really popular when I was little. You'd have a sort of lollipop, and you'd dip it into the tiny popping rocks/dust in the packet.


I wasn't too found of it here though. Soda (the blue stuff) kakigori was okay with melon, but I prefer the vanilla ice-cream at the bottom. But I get that this is a very "summer" dish, so I just removed the soda part and dug into the melon. Luckily for me, it really is a melon bowl, and not a melon rim bowl, becase I was really looking forward to eating the melon. It was so sweet and so juicy that I understood why they stuck a straw in there - because there's juice to drink!!

My tummy was totally happy after this meal :D

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel