VALENTINE'S DAY DINNER JAKARTA 2017 - ROMANTIC RESTAURANTS IN JAKARTA

Is it really another February on another year? Wow.

Call this the month of love or whatever your illusion is telling you but I just want to keep it damn real, I believe everyday is a blessing and needed to be grateful at, but each month is just the same month, I do like July and December best tho! July because it's where my birthday is (sometimes I even think that birthday's nothing special) and December because I love the spirit of Christmas in my heart, even though reality is the Christmas vibe in Jakarta is lacking spirit by time.

I believe you should grow love each and everyday in your life, not necessarily because it's freaking Valentine's day and you act like you have this burst of love this month. I might previously open this blog post with sweet-sweet words but lately I just want to keep it real, and by time I've learned that nothing in this world that's stronger than the power of love, and when I say love I don't refer to the love for your partners, but as simple as that little act of kindness like helping others, the love for friendship, relatives, your parents and more.
To love is being kind, and truth is sometimes no matter how kind you are towards some people, some might just want to take advantage of you or take you for granted in the first place, but your anger should never be the reason why you want to stop being nice, otherwise you've changed. I'd take being happy than cool any freaking time.

The list this year is going to be a little different (and a little shorter), some of the restaurants that have previously lasted on the previous Valentine list sadly have to go this time due to the inconsistent performance, not that I don't tolerate that but I feel like some names are more deserving this time. I carefully selected ones that surpasses my standard: romantic vibe, terrific food and service quality and ones that I've visited more than once. As usual, this is NOT a ranking list, list will be sorted based on alphabetical order.
For the new lovebirds who has just started their love story, I wish you guys nothing but the best of love.
-
AKIRA BACK
MD Place Building/Penthouse, Level 12
Jl. Setiabudi Selatan No. 7 (near to Four Seasons Jakarta)
Setiabudi, South Jakarta
021 - 2904 0777 / 0857 7778 8777
Pricing: $$$$ - IDR 2 mil for two
Dresscode: smart attire
For numerous times, Akira Back has proven its customers why they deserve to be on top of their game. It might be the only 5 restaurants in Jakarta that are so consistent that it never disappoints. I like how they often play around with their Japanese cuisine root, be creative with it add in a little fusion here and there without losing their identity. Food's perfection, service's top notch. I literally don't know what else to say about Akira Back.
ATTARINE
Jalan Gunawarman No. 11
Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan 12110
021 - 2277 1256
Opening hours:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11 AM-4 PM, 6 PM-11 PM
Thursday - Saturday: 11 AM-4 PM, 6 PM-1 AM
Average spending for two: IDR 400k
Dresscode: smart casual
Attarine was my first impressive dinner in 2017, was having their special Omakase for dinner and enjoyed every single one of it from the amuse bouche to the dessert! Unfortunately the Omakase was seasonal so I am not sure whether you can have it for Valentine's Day but I believe they should come with something special for V-Day (so check out their social media channels for more details), but if you're curious with their existing Mediterranean menus then they're actually pretty nice too! Read my review of Attarine to guide you in ordering the food here, but one thing for sure their whole fish is something special! It's THAT good, meant to share and affordable!

ATICO BY JAVANEGRA
R fl. Menara BTPN, Lingkar Mega Kuningan
Jalan Dr. Ide Anak Agung Kav. 5.5-5.6
Kuningan, Jakarta Selatan 12950
021 - 2295 8194
Opening hours: 8 AM-Midnight
Average spending for two: IDR 400k
Dresscode: none
This fresh newcomer has been one of the strongest ones so far and even though I decided not to release my year-end list because I was lacking the other three for the list, but Atico was definitely where I had one of the best meals in 2016. They serve mainly Italian-Spanish inspired home cooked meals and boy they were GOOD. Almost everything that I ordered on my first visit was authentically impressive, some might find the meal a little bland but I appreciate how they keep things original and their way. Atico might not be the most romantic restaurants in this list as I found it's more like a family restaurant, but during the night it can be pretty romantic as well, they also have decent wine collections to accompany your dinner.
BISTECCA
18 Parc Place Tower C - GF
Jalan Jendral Sudirman Kav. 52-53
SCBD - Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12190
021 - 515 1660 (reservation is highly recommended)
Opening hours: 11 AM-1 AM
Average spending for two: IDR 1 mil
Dresscode: smart casual
Bistecca is a relatively new steakhouse launched by the fabulous UNION group and it has gained quite a fanbase. The UNION group establishments have always been either good or very good and their consistency and persistence are probably the main reasons why I am such a fan. The romantic vibe shines at night and the fancy American club lounge interior of theirs just made the setting the perfect fit for romantic dinner just like the movies. Dining in Bistecca is not cheap, but they do have good steaks to cater your palate, and do make reservations, their waiting list is a bit crazy at times.

HURRICANE'S GRILL
Jalan Gunawarman No. 20 (across H Gourmet and Vibes)
Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan 12110
021 - 5694 6188 / 5596 5947
Operating Hours: 11 AM - 11 PM
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 1 mil for two
Dresscode: sporty casual
When I create this list, I just can't help myself from the thought of those big chunky ribs of Hurricane's Grill and their great steaks. Statistically speaking, Hurricane is one of the most successful restaurants in Jakarta (believe me I know) at the moment, and I can't believe that they have been opening for more than a year, it feels just like yesterday when I came to the grand opening, and now they have another outlet at Noble House Mega Kuningan, slightly more humble than the Gunawarman outlet, but food wise as great.

LE QUARTIER
Jl. Gunawarman No. 34
Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta
021 - 7278 8001

WEBSITE
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 500k for two
Dresscode: sporty casual
When someone asks me about the best "fine dining" restaurant in Jakarta, my mind often instantly directed to this particular restaurant. Le Quartier is the classic type of how a beautiful fine-dining restaurant should look like! It looks like one, food tastes like one, top notch service and for me, the price tag was still relateable. The interior had this beautiful Victorian look with romantic ambiance, and even more at night. What to order? Of course their steaks, pan fried barramundi or if you fancy chicken, Butterfly Roasted Chicken. Been here three times and purple heart, everything that I've had here was superb.

ORIENT 8 AT HOTEL MULIA JAKARTA
Hotel Mulia Senayan Jakarta
Jalan Asia Afrika Senayan
Jakarta Selatan 10270
021 - 574 7777
email: info@hotelmulia.com

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 1 mil for two
Dresscode: Sporty Casual
If you’re looking for something grand, in terms of venue, food and ambiance with very classy and expensive feeling to it, I suggest look no further to either Orient 8. Orient 8 is made for the eye, your palate and your stomach. The food in Orient 8 is nothing to worry about: extensive French cuisine that's available in pretty good range and supported with top notch service and beautiful music surrounding the area, because when you know that a brand as magestic as Mulia is backing you up, you can rule the world. Won’t say much.
SAINE DAISE
Jalan Mandara Permai VII Blok 6 KA (beside Legend of Noodle)
Pantai Indah Kapuk, Penjaringan
Jakarta Utara 14470
021 - 3005 1662

WEBSITE | INSTAGRAM
Opening hours:
Sun-Thu: 11 AM-11 PM
Fri-Sat: 11 AM-2 AM
Average spending for two: IDR 300k
Dresscode: casual
If you're looking for a place to have awesome romantic dinner without the need to spend too much, then Saine Daise is the perfect place to consider and comes with such great quality as well. The food here has this very little (or almost none) chance to disappoint your palate as I personally know the owners and how they always try to maintain the upmost quality of the ingredient before actually serving the food to the tables. Another thing that I like about Saine Daise is the fact that it's not too spacious, but it's so pretty and simply designed (almost a Modern-Victorian touch) making you feel comfortable dining here while still managed to have a spare for intimacy and privacy with your partners.

I really want to put several names inside the list such as Amuz, Emilie GAIA, Salt Grill and Valentino on the list, but the thing is, I haven’t been to these restaurants for quite some time so I really have no clue about their menu and all, but I believe they must be good or else they are not surviving, especially Valentino, because I never tried it, but I heard they serve good food and the ambiance is pretty romantic. Gotta check that out sometime!

Anyway it's confirmed that Bottega Ristorante is going to move to Fairgrounds SCBD in a short time and the current Bottega location will be transformed for another exciting projects of the owners.

Well, I hope this list could help you in deciding where to go on this year's Valentine's day. I gave you the best of the best options some might be very pricey and will cost you a little fortune, but that's not the point of this post, I want you to always remember that you need to be real and stay true to yourself, don't poor yourself just for the sake of making your favorite person happy, Valentine specifically or love in general is beyond that and hopefully you're with someone who wants to stick with you for what you are.

Valentine's Day is still 14 days away, keep your eyes on this list because if I happen to go to a good romantic restaurants I will definitely add and update! Feel free to recommend me some if you have some you know where to find me (below)

FIND ME HERE
SNAPCHAT: STANISLAUSHANS

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel