Things You Take For Granted

Things you take for granted –
So I know this may sound silly but I wanted to share some of the day to day experiences of living in Japan as well as the amazing sightseeing and friendships we are building. The past few weeks I have been grateful for my Crest toothpaste. Now before you say really, of all the things, toothpaste?!

Well, I tried a few kinds of Japanese toothpaste and they were just not my Crest toothpaste. Sometimes it is the simplest and most basic things we experience every day that bring us comfort and joy. So…I asked my mother to send the a few tubes of my favorite Crest toothpaste. She did and I was so happy to brush my teeth with the familiar flavor and consistency of my toothpaste.
My favorite toothpaste
My family said they were fine with the other brands but I guess it may be like your favorite pen or your favorite pair of socks and how they feel on your feet. There are some things you just can not replace and I am here to tell you I really appreciate my toothpaste. Several mornings now over the past few weeks I have been grateful to see my familiar tube of Crest in the medicine cabinet when I brush my teeth. It brings me joy and I am grateful presently for my toothpaste.


Stephanie's Admirer -

We were all bit surprised when Stephanie received a custom box of chocolates from a little first grade boy at her school. He happens to live in our neighborhood so she and Bob have walked by his house and taken him to the park to play a couple of times. Appears he is a bit smitten with her. 


Customized chocolates from an admirer

So cute, although I see just this past week he appears to have found another little girl more his age who he is interested in. We were pretty sure the interest was not going to last... 

Alex’s Birthday
We celebrated Alex's birthday with cake, ice cream and presents and are awaiting the arrival of his much anticipated long board from the states. His grand parents sent him American candy and a cool cross necklace and Reiko down the street gave him an amazing three D light up globe for his birthday. 
Alex's birthday cake

Alex's birthday celebration
I can hardly believe Alex is graduating junior high and will soon be heading to high school. He is now quite a bit taller than I am and reminds me of it regularly when we share tallest to smallest at the dinner table. He thinks this is great fun and looks more and more like a high school kid every day. He received many birthday messages from friends and family letting him know they were thinking of him and wishing him a happy birthday.
Light up 3-D globe from Reiko
Bob Sick Over Spring Break -
Thank you to many of our supporters, family and friends who prayed for Bob when he was sick. He had a cold for a couple weeks, then caught influenza B which pretty much put him on his back for a full week during spring break. He was in pretty bad shape and we are grateful he is better now.

He indicated that was as sick as he has ever been and even appendicitis and kidney stones once diagnosed, were dealt with and had a faster recovery time than the flu. Apparently the flu hits foreigners harder than locals because we are not accustom to the strains of flu for the region. 

Bob is still dealing with ear issues stemming from an ear infection he caught when he had the cold/flu three weeks ago. Please pray his hearing returns to normal in the near future. He went to an ear, nose and throat doctor this past week to get some relief.

Futsal Tournament at Osaka International School -
KCS played their final futsal tournament of the year a couple weeks ago at OIS. It was a beautiful day and the boys played well winning some and losing a few as well. They placed 6th out of 12 schools represented which is a great showing for our school.
KCS vs. MC Perry

KCS vs. Nagoya

KCS vs. Nagoya
Some of the schools which attend this tournament boast student bodies upwards of 300+ students and we are about 1/6 of those numbers. I am proud of the team and their achievements this year as well as the great attitude with which they represent our school Great job boys and congratulations!

Thank you -
Thank you to all our of faithful supporters, family and friends. I know I say it a lot, but thanks to you we get to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with those around us here in Japan. We appreciate your generosity and are honored to be here serving Christ in this amazing and wonderful community.  

In His Service,

K. Chadduck

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel