Various Chinese Animation Studios

About Various Chinese Animation Studios
Originally Various Hong Kong Animation Studios

Update Sept 2015: This post is no longer up to date as I have learned more recently. That being said, there will be a new post for Chinese Animation coming up. Stay tuned.

As a child, I have watched a lot of Hong Kong TV drama and films so I am really fond of them. It is also one of my life-long goal to be involved in Chinese film industry someday. However, it is sad to say that there are not many Chinese animation that I have watched prior to writing this other than Old Master Q and Tsui Hark's Chinese Ghost Story, both from Hong Kong, as many Chinese animations are also not available outside of China. It is also possible (much more like very likely) that the ratio of film and TV production company to animation studio is 1000:1 or even 10000:1!

McDull is also popular.

So what does Chinese children watch? A friend of mine who grew up in China told me that famous one would be Monkey King and Lotus Lantern if its Chinese production. I think there are many other adaptions of Chinese classics and literature as well but no information in English online. I also believe that they have watched similar animations and cartoons like me but I can't represent them. As for me, I guess I could answer for some Overseas Chinese and I would say we watch a lot of American and Japanese animations. We can name many especially massively popular ones, easily.

One thing regarding those that I have watched in the past ... As I remembered, many of the Japanese anime(s) were in Cantonese dub. If it's not, then, they are either in Mandarin dub, English dub or pure Japanese. I have also watched South Park and Disney films in Chinese dubs before. But the main point is, I have no idea that there were not many animations from the Chinese industry although there are many Chinese dubbed ones and I believe this fact still remains the same today. 

A total of 2,000 provincial and city-level television stations in China have been asked to devote a show time of 60,000 minutes to domestically produced animation and comic works, but the domestic animation and comic creators can only provide works for 20,000 minutes, leaving a gap of 40,000 minutes which are filled by foreign animated programs." - People's Daily, 2004.

Hence ... If you ask me about TV drama and films, there are many, just not animation! If I am wrong, spare me kay, I am an Overseas Chinese who just started to learn more about Chinese these recent years in her own pace. Not only that, I don't know how to use Baidu to search information then write and list comprehensively nor am capable of reading Chinese books yet. Nonetheless, I have listed some of the animated films I have watched and have plans to watch!

PS. My initial plan for this blog was writing feature films especially Chinese ones but I did not due to two utmost reasons. One, there are still plenty that I need to learn about cinematography. Two, I need to learn and understand more about my ancestry. Language and culture especially. I love accuracy but well, maybe I should write on them someday if I have the time. While many has commented that I could speak Mandarin Chinese quite well, it is not the truth lol. My friends from China especially my best friend will know how terrible my Chinese understanding is. ;(

Rosalyn's Movie Marathon
Princess Iron Fan (1941) - if I can find.
Havoc in Heaven (1961, 1964) - if I can find.
Prince Nezha's Triumph Against Dragon King (1979)
Lao Mountain Taoist (1981)
Three Monks (1981)
The Deer's Bell (1982)
Wanderings of San Mao (1984)
Sambar Deer (1985)
Monkey King Conquers the Demon (1985)
Snow White and The Frog Prince (1996)
Around the World in Eighty Days (1997)
A Chinese Ghost Story: The Tsui Hark Animation (1997)
Lotus Lantern (1999)
Little Soldier Zhang Ga (2005)
The Butterfly Lovers (2005)
Sparkling Red Star (2007)
Storm Rider Clash of the Evils (2008)
The Magic Aster (2009)
A Jewish Girl in Shanghai (2010)
Piercing I (2010)
Legend of a Rabbit (2011)
The Tibetan Dog (2011)
Roco Kingdom 1 (2011)
Kuiba (2011)
Seer (2011)
Yugo & Lala (2012)
Seer 2 (2012)
Kuiba 2 (2013)
Roco Kingdom: The Desire of Dragon (2013)
Seer the Movie 3: Heroes Alliance (2013)
Happy Heroes (2013)
Happy Heroes 2 (2014)
Seer 4 (2014)
Kuiba 3 (2014)
Yugo & Lala 2 (2014)
One Hundred Thousand Bad Jokes (2014)
The Legend of Qin (2014)
Roco Kingdom 3 (2014)
Shi Er Sheng Xiao Cheng Shi Ying Xiong (2014)
Boonie Bears: To the Rescue (2014)
Boonie Bears: Mystical Winter (2015)
Seer Movie 5: Rise of Thunder (2015)
Roco Kingdom 4 (2015)
Kwai Boo (2015)
Mr. Black: Green Star (2015)
Monkey King: Hero Is Back (2015)
Legend of a Rabbit: The Martial of Fire (2015)
Little Door Gods (2016)
Beast of Burden (2017)
SXD: Middle Kingdom (2018)

Colour Old Master Q (1981)
Old Master Q Water Tiger (1982)
Old Master Q & "Hill-T" (1983)
Master Q: Incredible Pet Detective (2003)
Old Master Q and Little Ocean Tiger (2011)

My Life as McDull (2001)
McDull, Prince de la Bun (2004)
McDull, Kung Fu Kindergarten (2009)
McDull: The Pork of Music (2012)

Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf: The Super Snail Adventure (2009)
Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf: The Tiger Prowess (2010)
Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf - Moon Castle: The Space Adventure (2011)
Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf: Mission Incredible: Adventures on the Dragon's Trail (2012)
Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf: The Mythical Ark: Adventures in Love & Happiness (2013)
Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf: Meet the Pegasus (2014)
Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf – Amazing Pleasant Goat (2015)

(will write and update soon)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel