The Simpsons Movie (2007)

The Simpsons Movie (2007) Poster
See our family. And feel better about yours.

Comments on Movie: The Simpsons Movie (2007)
"I laughed sporadically at this enjoyable film. It had me constantly roaring with laughter and left me full of admiration." - Philip French, The Observer.

"The good news is, The Simpsons Movie is just like the TV show, whereas the bad news is, it's just like the TV show. Instead of trying something radically different, it follows a conventional plotline of Homer screwing up and trying to fix the situation. " - Kyle Smith, The New York Post.

"The movie isn't a disaster, just a disappointment." - Bruce Newman, Mercury News.

"While nothing in this motion picture quite matches the television series at its early best, this is more of a throwback than a throw-away. It's wittier and more energetic than anything that has appeared on FOX in quite a few years." - James Berardinelli, ReelViews.

"The payoff for long years of anticipation turned out to be small as the movie failed to live up to its potential; it's amusing but not truly funny. The Simpsons Movie leaves the impression that maybe the show's writers and producers had already spent their best ideas on the best years of the TV show." - Daniel Vancini, Amazon.

"This is truly no justice for a successful franchise with lots of potentials. Still, at the end of the film, it is strangely fun and fulfilling. Love the themes, which are mostly about family, religion and environment. If you needed a silly funny movie to watch, this could be the film you're looking for!" - Rosalyn Lim.

Genre/Tags 
Adventure Comedy Family 2D Animation Animated Feature

The Simpsons Movie (2007) Trailer


The Simpsons Movie (2007) at a glance
The Simpsons Movie (2007) is an animated feature based on the popular television series, The Simpsons. Created by Matt Groening in 1989 for 20th Century Fox, it is the longest-running American sitcom, animated program and scripted show in television history. The series is a satirical depiction of a middle class American lifestyle and it parodies on numerous American culture, society and various aspects of the human condition. With its subversive humor and delightful wit, poking fun literally almost about everything; many people find themselves fond of The Simpsons. 

The Simpsons Movie (2007) Synopsis
In the eagerly-awaited film based on the hit television series, Homer must save the world from a catastrophe he himself created. It all begins with Homer, his new pet pig, and a leaky silo full of droppings - a combination that triggers a disaster the likes of which Springfield has never experienced. As Marge is outraged by Homer's monumental blunder, a vengeful mob descends on the Simpson household. The family makes a narrow escape, but is soon divided by both location and conflict.

The Springfield citizenry has every reason to be out for Simpson blood. The calamity triggered by Homer has drawn the attention of U.S. President Arnold Schwarzenegger and Environmental Protection Agency head Russ Cargill. As the fates of Springfield and the world hang in the balance, Homer embarks on a personal odyssey of redemption - seeking forgiveness from Marge, the reunion of his splintered family, and the salvation of his hometown.

Movie Review: The Simpsons Movie (2007)
Marge, Maggie, Lisa, Bart and Homer heading to Alaska.

The main Simpson family consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie and they reside in the fictional town of Springfield. Each of them have their own unique characteristics but in addition to Homer's epic level of intelligence, the family is largely, helplessly dysfunctional (which is kind of sad) but that's their life and that is, funny.

What Homer challenged his son Bart to do; Skate Naked.

This film is indeed hilarious, there are lots of American humor, lots of sarcastic moments and lots of references to films like those of Disney, Titanic, Harry Potter, etc., but all those might be confusing to those who are new to the TV series too.

Citizen of Springfield.

Finally, this film is not easy to justify as it does feels like several episodes merged into one instead of one great film. Some people may find this film as one of the best animated feature film but this is truly no justice for a successful franchise with lots of potentials.

Father and Son.

Still, at the end of the film, it is strangely fun and fulfilling. Love the themes, which are mostly about family, religion and environment. If you needed a silly funny movie to watch, this could be the film you're looking for!

Angry mob in Springfield.

Mob: We want sequel! We want sequel! We want sequel!

Movie Ratings
Will write a page regarding this and add this to all animated feature entries in the future.

Who will like this?
The Simpsons fans, who are really fond of the family members! It's the only film they have so far and people who like the typical adult American sitcomes would also enjoy this. 

Despite mixed reviews from various parties, this film is the highest grossing TV adaptation film and second highest grossing traditionally animated film in the world as of writing at USD 527,071,022.

PS. This film is great for preaching about environmental.

Details of the movie
Director: David Silverman
Producer: James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Scully, Richard Sakai, Claudia Skatz
Story: Matt Groening, Sam Simon, James L. Brooks
Screenplay: James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean, Ian Maxtone-Graham, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, Mike Scully, Matt Selman, John Swartzwelder, Jon Vitti
Cinematography: Not sure.
Music: Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman
Studio: Gracie Films
Starring: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Pamela Hayden, Tress MacNeille, Albert Brooks
Full Credit: [IMDb]
Distributor: 20th Century Fox
Country: United States
Language: English
Genre: Adventure Comedy Family
Running time: 87 mins
Budget: USD 75,000,000 est.
Box office: USD 527,071,022 est.

Official website
http://www.thesimpsons.com/

Related
Gracie Films
Rosalyn's Animated Movie Marathon

Behind the scenes
N/A.

Favorite Movie Character
Maggie, not now. We'll play later.

Maggie is my favorite character because she is quite smart for a baby (also probably ranks higher than her father and brother in the intelligent department) and she is also the most adorable of all! 

Maggie usually conveys her emotions via pacifier sucks which is amusing at most times. Although she's just an infant, she has nevertheless contributed in saving her family and indirectly, their hometown from blowing into smithereens in this film, in her little ways! Without her lead discovery, Springfield would be non-existent by now. Isn't she a smart girl?

The Simpsons Movie (2007) Movie Quotes
This is the longest movie quotes I have compiled so far, as of June 2014!
Special thanks to Springfieldx2 for the movie transcript!
  1. Boring!
  2. I can't believe we're paying to see something we get on TV for free.
  3. We've been playing for three and a half hours, now we'd like just a minute of your time to say something about the environment.
  4. Gentlemen, it's been an honour playing with you tonight.
  5. For the latest rock band to die in our town. Lord, hear our prayer.
  6. Why can't I worship the Lord in my own way, by praying like hell on my death bed.
  7. Homer, they can hear you inside!
  8. How ya doin'? Peace be with you. Praise Jebus.
  9. Now today I'd like to try something a little different. I'm gonna call on one of you!
  10. Horrible! Horrible things are going to happen! And they're going to happen to you, and you, and you... and you! Oh nelly! People of Springfield! Heed this warning. Twisted tail! A thousand eyes! Trapped forever!! Beware! Beware! Time is short. Eeepa! Eeepa! Eeeeeeepaaaaa! Believe me! Believe me! Thanks for listening!
  11. This book doesn't have any answers!
  12. Okay! Who want waffles?
  13. I'll tell ya what happened: A certain someone had a senior moment. But that's okay, because we love him, and we got a free rug out of it.
  14. What is the point of going to church every Sunday, when if someone we love has a genuine religious experience, we ignore it? Right Grampa?
  15. Wait a minute! I'm still in the car!
  16. Oh. Right.
  17. You know, we are on the roof. We could have some fun.
  18. What kind of fun?
  19. How about a dare contest?
  20. That sounds fun. I dare you to... climb the T.V. antennae.
  21. Uh, Homer, I don't mean to be a nervis-pervis or anything, but if he falls, couldn't that make your boy a parapleg-a-rino?
  22. Yeah, shut up, Flanders!
  23. Hey! I am very passionate about the planet!
  24. Say global warming is a myth!
  25. It's a myth! Further study is needed!
  26. That's for selling out your beliefs.
  27. Are you aware that a leaky faucet can waste over two thousand gallons a year! And turning off your lights could save enough energy to power Pittburgh! And if we just kept our thermostats at sixty-eight in the winter we'd be free from our dependency on foreign oil in seventeen years!
  28. He's not Bono.
  29. So, is your name as pretty as your face?
  30. D'oh! D'oh! Why did I suggest this?
  31. Alright boy, time for the ultimate dare. I dare you to skateboard to Krusty Burger and back, naked!
  32. But girls might see my doodle.
  33. Oh, I see. Then I hereby declare you 'chicken for life'. Every morning you'll wake up to 'Good morning chicken!' At your wedding, I'll sing ...
  34. I like men now!
  35. Don't look where I'm pointing!
  36. Stop in the name of American squeamishness!
  37. Boys, before we eat, don't forget to thank the Lord for this bountiful ... penis?!
  38. Bountiful penis. Amen.
  39. Uh, listen kid, nobody likes wearing clothes in public, but you know, i-it's the law.
  40. Lunch time! 
  41. You can't leave me out here!
  42. Don't worry, we found a friend for you to play with.
  43. What seems to be the problem, officers?
  44. Tell them you dared me to do it!
  45. If that's true, then you should be taking the rap here, not your son.
  46. And what happens to me if it's my fault?
  47. You'll have to attend a one hour parenting class.
  48. It was all his idea! He's out of control I tell ya! Oh, I'm at my wit's end!
  49. Oh, this is the worst day of my life.
  50. The worst day of your life so far.
  51. If you need pants, I carry and extra pair. I mean, you know how boys are, always praying through the knees.
  52. Why are you helping me? I'm not your kid.
  53. We're neighbours. I'm sure your father would do the same for my boys.
  54. Of course I do. What kind of father wouldn't care about a pig wearing a hat!
  55. Hey hey! It's your old pal Krusty for my new pork sandwich, the clogger! If you can find a greasier sandwich, you're in Mexico! Mmm!
  56. Perfect. Cut, print, kill the pig.
  57. What? You can't kill him if he's wearing people clothes!
  58. Hmm... I'm pretty sure a thousand... is a number.
  59. Hey Marge! Isn't it great being married to someone who's recklessly impulsive?
  60. Actually, it's aged me horribly.
  61. You smiled, I'm off the hook!
  62. You don't know what rough is, sister.
  63. Bart, you know, whenever my boys bake up a batch of "frownies", I take them fishing. Does your Dad ever take you fishing?
  64. Dad, it's not fair to use a bug zapper to catch the fish. 
  65. If you love fish like I do, you want them to die with dignity.
  66. I think I have a nibble.
  67. Oh great! Now, how about I fix you some cocoa. 
  68. No way, cocoa's for wusses. 
  69. Well sir, if you change your mind, it's on the window sill.
  70. Oh, wait. I didn't tell you the best part. He loves the environment. Oh, wait! I still didn't tell you the best part. He's got an Irish brogue. No, no, wait! I still didn't tell you the best part. He's not imaginary!
  71. Oh, honey, that's great. But the very best thing is that he listens to you. Because nothing means more than for a man to...
  72. Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig, Does whatever a Spider-Pig does, Can he swing, from a web? No he can't, he's a pig, Look out! He is a Spider-Pig.
  73. Huh? You're not strangling me.
  74. What the... Strangling's only good for... well, it's not good for anything. I think the only time you should lay hand on a boy is if you're giving him a good old pat on the back.
  75. I'm sorry, I lost my train of thought. Isn't he dreamy?
  76. This lake is just one piece of trash away from a toxic nightmare! But I knew you wouldn't listen. So I took the liberty of pouring water from the lake in all your drinking glasses.
  77. This is why we should hate kids.
  78. Fine. I will put my "yard trimmings" in a car compacter.
  79. Uh, Chief, I think there was a dead body in there.
  80. I thought that too, until he said "yard trimmings". Gotta learn to listen, Lou.
  81. Let us now make sure this barrier is completely idiot-proof.
  82. Try to dump something in the lake.
  83. It's not leaking, it's overflowing.
  84. Okay Marge, I will.
  85. He's not Spider-Pig anymore, he's Harry Plopper.
  86. Homer, you gotta get over here. The health inspector just shut down the donut store and they're giving out free donuts!
  87. Look at that. You can see the four states that border Springfield: Ohio, Nevada, Maine and Kentucky.
  88. This certainly seems odd... but who am I to question the work of the almighty? Oh, we thank you Lord for this might fine intelligent design. Good job!
  89. Pollution in Springfield has reached crisis levels.
  90. Ugh, I hate this job. Everything's "crisis" this and "end of the world" that. Nobody opens with a joke. I miss Danny Devito.
  91. You know sir, when you made me head of the EPA, you were applauded for appointing one of the most successful men in America to the least successful agency in government. And why did I take the job; 'cause I'm a rich man and wanted to give something back. Not the money, but something. So here is our chance to kick some ass for Mother Earth.
  92. Well, I've narrowed your choices down, the five unthinkable options. Each will cause untold misery ...
  93. I pick number three!
  94. You don't even wanna read them first?
  95. I was elected to lead, not to read. Number three!
  96. We're being sealed in a dome!
  97. What do I do, I don't know what to do! 'Cause if I stay I'm trapped, if I leave I'm alone! Oh god, in, out, in, out... I never saw Venice! I--
  98. That crazy old man in church was right!
  99. Who's hurt? Raise your hands.
  100. People, people! I have an important announcement. I have just perfected an acid-firing super-drill which can cut throough anything. It's right there, just... outside of the dome...
  101. Look, I'm a man on a big TV. Just listen.
  102. Springfield has become the most polluted city in the history of the planet.
  103. To prevent your poisons from spreading the government has sealed you all within this dome. Believe me, it's the last thing we wanted to do, I do own the company that makes the dome, but that's beside the point.
  104. Apparently someone didn't get the message.
  105. Act natural.
  106. This is Kent Brockman, reporting to you on a crisis so serious...it has its own name and theme music. The dome has put an end to life as we know it.
  107. The town is running low on supplies of everything from gasoline to Botox.
  108. Now, as always, we end our news on "The Lighter Side."
  109. I think the thing I miss most is a simple summer breeze.
  110. Efforts to find out whose selfish crime caused our entrapment have been fruitless. Until moments ago!
  111. A shocking discovery has been made here at Lake Springfield.
  112. You single-handedly killed this town.
  113. Don't worry, nobody watches this stupid show. What's that ominous glow in the distance?
  114. Marge, look. Those idiots don't even know where we live.
  115. You're a woman. You can hold on to it forever.
  116. I'm part of the mob!
  117. Stay back. I got a chain saw.
  118. No, Plopper. If you push that, Daddy will die.
  119. We have a wedding video?
  120. Maggie, not now. We'll play later.
  121. The sinkhole. Follow me, kids!
  122. So long, losers!
  123. I never thought my life would have an absolutely perfect moment, but this is... 
  124. Lisa's got a boyfriend that she'll never see again!
  125. I want 10,000 tough guys and I want 10,000 soft guys to make the tough guys look tougher.
  126. I'm troubled.
  127. I promise, I'll stop tomorrow.
  128. I miss Flanders. There, I said it!
  129. Look, I know I screwed up. This is big. It's huge! We're homeless! Our friends wanna kill us!
  130. I don't think about things. I respect people who do...but I just try to make the days not hurt until I get to crawl in next to you again.
  131. Look, I'm really sorry. But I'm more than just sorry...I'm prepared with a solution. I've always been afraid I'd screw up our lives so badly we'd need a backup plan. And that plan is right here!
  132. Alaska. A place where you can't be too fat or too drunk. Where no one says things like: "Let's see your high school equivalency certificate."
  133. Marge, in every marriage, you get one chance to say: "I need you to do this with me."
  134. All right, son. If you don't believe in me, believe in America. America. Where any man can make quick money with no questions asked.
  135. Okay, very funny. I'm gonna turn the lights off again. When they come back on, I want all my booze back the way it was.
  136. I forgot, we're European. Just give us beef jerky. Lots and lots of beef jerky. That's right. That's what we need. That's all we came in for.
  137. Look, all our reasons mean nothing. Just look into your heart and you'll find the answer.
  138. Welcome to Alaska. Here's $1000.
  139. We pay every resident $1000 to allow oil companies to ravage our state's natural beauty.
  140. Clap for Alaska!
  141. If we don't get a new book, I'm going to puke.
  142. I have a solution for you, sir. In fact, I have five solutions. You don't have to read them.
  143. Knowing things is overrated. Anyone can pick something when they know what it is. It takes real leadership to pick something you're clueless about.
  144. Here we are, kids, the Grand Canyon. 
  145. It's so old and boring. I want a new one. Now!
  146. I'm happy here. Screw Springfield!
  147. You don't mean that. You worship me.
  148. That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
  149. Homer...I've always stood up for you. When people point out your flaws, I always say: "Well, sometimes you have to stand back to appreciate a work of art."
  150. Lately, what's keeping us together is my ability to overlook everything you do. And I overlook these things because... Because? Well, that's the thing. I just don't know how to finish that sentence anymore. So I'm leaving with the kids to help Springfield and we're never coming back. And to prove to myself that this is the end, I taped this over our wedding video.
  151. I'm the mascot of an evil corporation.
  152. We have to keep a low profile till we get to Seattle to tell the world of the plot to destroy Springfield. 
  153. I don't know if you guys should be talking so loud. 
  154. Oh, Lisa, it's not like the government is listening to everybody's conversation.
  155. Hey, everybody, I found one! The government actually found someone we're looking for!
  156. What's an epiphany? 
  157. Sudden realization of great truth.
  158. Oh, do whatever you want to me. I don't care about myself anymore.
  159. Because other people are just as important as me. Without them, I'm nothing. In order to save myself...I have to save Springfield!
  160. That's it! Isn't it? That was the most incredible experience of my life. And now to find my family, save my town and drop 10 pounds! Thank you, boob lady.
  161. Why does everything I whip leave me?
  162. Well, I don't like to brag, but I am now the emperor of Springfield.
  163. Your government realized that putting you inside this dome was a terrible mistake. Therefore, we're commencing with Operation Soaring Eagle. Which involves killing you all.
  164. Actually, you doomed us all. Again. Nice knowing you, Homer. 
  165. I've spent my entire life doing nothing but collecting comic books. 
  166. And now there's only time to say: Life well spent!
  167. Okay, boys. When you meet Jesus, be sure to call him Mr. Christ.
  168. Will Buddha be there too?
  169. How good to see you. And how terrible you're here.
  170. Listen. I was just wondering if...before I died...I could pretend I had a father who...cared for me.
  171. So much pressure. Pressure! 
  172. He'd been talking about it, but I didn't take him seriously.
  173. Risking my life to save people I hate for reasons I don't quite understand.
  174. I want a father who's the same in the morning as he is at night.
  175. I'll let you hold the bomb.
  176. The man knows me.
  177. I wish Homer was my father.
  178. Dad, in case I miss...I'm sorry I said I wished you weren't my father.
  179.  I don't blame you, son. I wasn't much of a father. Maybe it starts with the way my dad raised me.
  180. Now, that was a great father-son activity.
  181. There's two things they don't teach you at Harvard Business School. How to cope with defeat, and how to handle a shotgun. I'm going to do both right now.
  182. Wait! If you kill my dad, you'll never know where the treasure is buried. 
  183. The Treasure of Imawiener. 
  184. I'm a wiener?
  185. Maggie! What a great little accident you turned out to be.
  186. Hey, you wanna go... Clean up the lake? 
  187. Well, I was gonna say get some ice cream, but okay. 
  188. Come on, Dad, let's go. I've been holding it since they put the dome over the town.
  189. A lot of people worked really hard on this film and all they ask is for you to memorize their names.
  190. Well, I wanna make sure no animals were harmed during the filming of this movie.
  191. Woo! Floor popcorn.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel