Singapore Sarong Kebaya and Style @ Fukuoka Art Museum

I was thinking of doing a random food post (which I probably will do... sometime next week), but as I was looking through my photos, I realised that I haven't blogged about this! The Singapore Sarong Kebaya and Style exhibit at the Fukuoka Art Museum! I actually saw the poster for it when I was walking around Ohori park with Hamham, so during Golden Week, I decided that I had to go see it. Luckily, Yuka was free, so I dragged her along XD

Oh, and for all the Malaysians wondering why it's "Singapore Sarong Kebaya", the exhibit is sponsored in part by the Singapore Tourism Board and the Asian Civilisations Museum. Or at least, I'm guessing that's why the special exhibit is titled this way.

The exhibit was only 200 yen (150 yen for students), which was really cheap. And the first thing we saw was:

SQ Girl! 
 Yay! And because this is what I wore to the entrance ceremony, Yuka was like "you have this, right?"

Another shot of Singapore Airlines, because it's my favourite carrier
Anyway, the exhibit itself wasn't very large - about two rooms. But I liked that it had comprehensive explanations in both English and Japanese, so the two of us could understand everything. And because we also took Bahasa Indonesia together, we were super hyper and kept going "OH I KNOW THAT WORD" as we reminisced about class.

I didn't take photos of everything, just my favourite few things. Like this kimono:


I was actually quite confused as to why there was a kimono in a sarong kebaya exhibit, but apparently, it's made of the same cloth as the sarong kebaya! That made me wonder if this still happens today - Kimonos made with the Sarong Kebaya material (can you imagine a kimono in the SQ sarong kebaya style?) and vice-versa. I think it might work as a yukata, right? But I'm not very familiar with kimono, so it's just me being random.

And, I saw two fairy-tale sarong kebaya skirts!! This one is Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (although for some reason, there are only five dwarves on this skirt, according to the card by the side):


And this one was Cinderella:


I did wish the Cinderella skirt was positioned a bit differently, because it was quite hard to see any of the characters. We were practically pressing ourselves against the glass to see around the skirt.

And this is the last picture that I took: a food-themed sarong kebaya.


I'm not sure if you can see it from the picture, but the top is of prawns, and the bottom has fishes and crabs on it. I don't know about you, but I would totally wear this, and express my love of seafood. I would also wear the fairytale skirts.

If you're in Fukuoka, I'd really encourage you to go visit this exhibit. True, it's a little small, but it doesn't cost much to get in, and the sarong kebaya's are really gorgeous. Makes me wish I owned a few.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel