Becoming Japanese being single


Let me start by telling you:

YES! It is possible!

And ALL you need are 3 things.
  1. Language knowledge 
  2. A stable income 
  3. A sincere reason WHY do you want to be a Japanese citizen. 
Many people, even the officers at the 法務局 {hōmukyoku} (Legal Affairs Bureau) will tell you that your chances to get accepted are low compare to descendants or spouses of Japanese Nationals. However THAT'S NOT TRUE.

There I was, 27 years old, female, full-time worker, and single.

The only advantage I might have had was the fact that I was already a permanent resident.

No need for visa to work or re-enter to Japan.

The only difference with a citizen is that I didn’t have the right to vote. And that’s it.

I could have lived here forever without any troubles.

Then why becoming Japanese?

I have been living in Japan for 13 years, arrived here with my family (all foreigners) when I was 16 years old. Went to high school, got my bachelor’s degree and started working for the first time here, in this society.

In December 2013 I went back to my home-country when my father passed away. His dead was very shocking and hard for us and my mom didn’t want to come to Japan anymore.

I thought that never going back to Japan was the best for me and my family.

However, my home country was not HOME anymore.


I missed Japan.

I was used to it.

Used to how the society works, used to the language, the food, and my social circle.

This is my HOME.

This is why I decided to become a citizen.

I explained it to the officer and wrote it down on my 帰化志望動機 {kika shibō dōki}(Reason for application form)

I started applying in October 2015.

Got accepted in December 2016 (I know…more than a year waiting).

No regrets at all.

I am happy and proud to say that this is my home.

Best wishes for all applicants.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel