Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) Poster
You Won't Believe Your Ice!

Comments on Movie: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)
"This fun and exciting crowd-pleaser generates lots of laugh-out-loud moments. Kids will be able to identify with the distinct personalities of these familiar lovable characters." - Keith Cohen, Entertainment Spectrum.

"An improvement over its massively forgettable predecessor." - William Goss, Moviefone

"Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs is amusing and harmless – a film that will amaze the under-10 crowd and keep their parents distracted (and, surprisingly often, entertained) as well." - Marshall Fine, Hollywood and Fine.

"With most animated franchises running on empty by the third outing it's refreshing to report that the Ice Age series shows no sign of thawing. The Ice Age animators, who have always successfully managed to reinvent the series with each fresh installment, expand their considerable range with this third offering." - Tim Evans, Sky Movies.

"Unfortunately as the films have progressed, it seems that the "remember the adults" philosophy has been forgotten and the focus has been firmly on the children." - Richard Mann, 4outof10.

"How not to become a fan of Ice Age after watching this?" - Rosalyn Lim.

Genre/Tags 
Adventure Comedy Drama Family Ice Age 3D Animation Animated Feature

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) Trailer


Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) at a glance
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) is the third film of Ice Age series. They are animated comedy films about the adventures of prehistoric animals living and surviving in the Ice Age. This time around the odd herd somehow ended up in a whole new unknown ice-less world filled with dinosaurs they have thought long extinct below their own and scene-stealer Scrat meets Scratte, forgetting his beloved acorn for the first time!

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) Synopsis
Just when they think things are cooling off, our heroes are in for their biggest adventure yet! When Sid adopts a trio of dinosaur eggs he accidentally disturbs a hidden underground world of Jurassic creatures. Scrat's in trouble too when he sets his sights on an entrancing female squirrel, but is she after him or his nut? It’s the dawn of a new era for each member of this hairy herd, but thankfully some things never change.

Movie Review: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)
Manny, Ellie, Crash and Eddie.

This is second film series that I did a personal research on and there are many negative reviews. I don't understand why most film critics and movie reviewers don't like this film. It is understandable for the first two films as there are plenty of shortcomings but this film is certainly so much better than predecessors.

Sid and Dinosaur Eggs.

Not to mention, this film series is also rightfully children films; you can't expect it not to be lovable and be more appealing to children. There are already thousands of films out there that are more appealing to adults more than children and while their opinions may not affect all the audience worldwide... Come on, don't be harsh! D;

Entering the Jurassic World.

Anyway, kudos to Blue Sky Studios. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) is a delightful sequel and a very pleasant one. I love how the characters has been improved and developed since the last film and I liked this version of them, especially Manny and Ellie!

Peaches is born!

There are also even more prehistoric baby animals in this film, I loved the baby mammoth and baby dinosaurs so much; they are so cute! How not to become a fan of Ice Age after watching this? T-T 

Scrat and Scratte.

Okay, moving away from commenting based personal likings, this film has beautiful visuals and an interesting world inspired by prehistoric times. Each film they introduce more distinct characters and add more spice to it; the plot is simple but fun to watch. It is truly a great pleasure to watch them again many days ago just to write on this!

Movie Ratings
Will write a page regarding this and add this to all animated feature entries in the future.

Who will like this?
If you liked their first and second film, you'll find yourself liking this film. Majority of people can never have enough of Scrat so people who loved him and prehistoric lovers will love this film too!

PS. If you have never watched the Ice Age films, I would recommend you to watch this first as the first two films may be dead boring for you mature movie lovers.

Details of the movie
Director: Carlos Saldanha, Mike Thurmeier
Producer: Lori Forte, John C. Donkin
Story: Jason Carter Eaton
Screenplay: Peter Ackerman, Michael Berg, Yoni Brenner, Mike Reiss
Cinematography: Not sure.
Music: John Powell
Studio: Blue Sky Studios
Starring: Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary, Queen Latifah
Full Credit: [IMDb]
Distributor: 20th Century Fox
Country: United States
Language: English
Genre: Adventure Comedy Drama Family
Running time: 94 mins
Budget: USD 90,000,000 est.
Box office: USD 886,686,817 est.

Official website(s)
http://blueskystudios.com/films/ia3/

Related
Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)
Ice Age 5 (2016)
Blue Sky Studios
Rosalyn's Animated Movie Marathon

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) Behind the Scenes

Favorite Movie Character
♥♥♥

This is a little difficult to decide because of the cute baby animals but it's certainly mama dinosaur. She don't have a name so I call her mama dino. Mama dino is a female T-Rex. She is very protective, motherly and dedicated towards her baby dinosaurs, just like most mothers to their own children (be it animals or humans) in our world; she would do anything just to keep them happy and healthy. 

Sid and baby dinosaurs.

As a matter of fact, Mama dino is also kind and generous despite she debuted as a horrifying dinosaur in the beginning. While she is clearly infuriated with Sid who stole her children's hearts, she maintains herself and never give up on nurturing her children the dinosaur way. In the end, she saved the odd herd from a more dominant and frightening dinosaur Rudy and it can be implied that she has never minded what Sid has done and said to her before!

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) Movie Quotes
Special thanks to Springfieldx2 for the movie transcript!
  1. The baby's coming! The baby's coming!
  2. Watch it! I'm having a baby!
  3. Sorry, folks! False alarm!
  4. You know who I would like to kick?
  5. It's the freaked-out daddy I'm worried about.
  6. You're trying to baby-proof nature.
  7. Manny, this is the world our baby's gonna grow up in. You can't change that.
  8. Of course I can. I'm the biggest thing on Earth! 
  9. Okay, Big Daddy. I can't wait to see how you handle the teen years.
  10. This place is for kids. Are you a kid?
  11. Guys don't talk to guys about guy problems. We just punch each other on the shoulders.
  12. Isn't Ellie supposed to be the one with the hormonal imbalance?
  13. Poor guys. I know what it's like to feel abandoned. Don't worry. You're not alone anymore.
  14. First sign, stealing someone else's eggs. Second sign, one of them almost became an omelet.
  15. Sid, someone's probably worried sick looking for them.
  16. If it wasn't for me, they'd be Eggsicles.
  17. A fortress of solitude. In the ice, forever! 
  18. Alone, lonely loner..
  19. I don't know, being a parent is a lot of work. Maybe I'm not ready.
  20. Don't cry! Why you still crying? Are you hungry? Maybe your hungry.
  21. I thought you were a female!
  22. Just don't break anything!
  23. Who cares? They are fun!
  24. I'm a single mother with 3 kids. I could use a little compassion.
  25. You know, experts say that you should let the kids eat whatever they want.
  26. If you don't spit out, Little Johnny, We're leaving the playground this instantly, one...two...don't make me say three. There we are, a picture of health.
  27. I thought those guys were extinct.
  28. Well then, that is one angry fossil.
  29. Nobody move a muscle!
  30. No, no, no, don't cry. We are poor little lambs who have lost our way.
  31. Sid! Give them to her. She's their mother.
  32. How do I know, she's their mother?
  33. What do you want, a birth certificate? She's a Dinosaur!
  34. I've put in the blood, sweat and tears to raise them!
  35. Okay Ellie, this is where I draw the line.
  36. Yeah that's gonna happen.
  37. Oh great, after we save Sid I'm gonna kill him.
  38. Okay, look, if you feel anything, even if it's nothing, you gotta tell me, and then we're out of here.
  39. We need a code word. Yeah, something that says the baby's coming.
  40. We need something short and punchy, like, uh... peaches!
  41. I love peaches, they're sweet and round and fuzzy. Just like you.
  42. Are you guys having the same dream I am?
  43. We've been living above an entire world. And we didn't even know it.
  44. Sightseeing!
  45. Pregnant lady wants a lift! Yabba-dabba-doo!
  46. Don't ever yabba-dabba do that again!
  47. I feel so puny.
  48. How do you think I feel?
  49. If you go in there, you'll find your friend in the afterlife!
  50. She's headed for Lava Falls. That's where they care for the newborns. 
  51. To get there, you've got to go through the Jungle of Misery, across the Chasm of Death to the Plates of Woe.
  52. Good luck with the slow decadence to madness, we're gonna go now.
  53. You think this is some sort of tropical getaway?
  54. This isn't exactly your playground. 
  55. Like I'm going to be afraid of a pretty flower.
  56. Alright I'll help ya. But I got rules. Rule number one: Always listen to Buck.
  57. I'm too young to be eaten.
  58. Listen these things get complicated. Maybe we can work something out. 
  59. Can I have them on Sundays to Tuesdays? Wednesdays to Fridays? Weekends!
  60. If you eat me, it will send a bad message.
  61. He's relentless. He knows all, sees all, eats all.
  62. I knew that guy when he was a caterpillar. You know, before he came out.
  63. It's incredible. No dependence, no limits, the greatest life a single guy can have.
  64. Rule number one. Come on, mammoth. You supposed to have a good memory. Always listen to Buck. 
  65. Now! Eyes forward.
  66. Just another day in paradise.
  67. Don't panic! Just some technical difficulties!
  68. You sound ridiculous.
  69. It's not poison. It's so disturbing.
  70. They died laughing.
  71. Thank's for getting me into this mess. It's the most fun I've had in years.
  72. What! Your not gonna eat your vegetables? How you going to become big and strong dinosaurs?
  73. No, no, no, we do not eat live animals, period. Now go, fly. Be free. Little ... flightless ... bird.
  74. This is how you resolve a conflict? No wonder your single.
  75. Oh come on. Am I talking to myself here? I say they're vegetarian, you say, 'Grrrr'. I say can we talk about this? You say, Grrrr. I don't call that communication. See, that's your answer to everything. 
  76. What are you afraid of? You're the biggest thing on, Earth. Aren't you?
  77. Never had I felt so alive, than when I was so close to death.
  78. I may have lost an eye that day. But I got this Rudy's tooth.  
  79. It's like the old saying, an eye for a tooth. 
  80. Wow, that's enough fairy tales for one night.
  81. You're a real softie, you know that?
  82. I'm sorry. I just wanted to keep you safe and now you're in the most dangerous place in the world.
  83. You risked your life, your mate and your baby to save your buddy! Not the best husband or father, but a damn good friend.
  84. It's the wind. It's speaking to us.
  85. Can you try to hold it in!
  86. Can somebody slap him for me?
  87. Rule number 5 says you can ignore rule number 2 if there's a female involved. Or possibly a cute dog.
  88. I just make up these rules as I go along.
  89. My paws are burning baby.
  90. Am I okay? Do you know anything about, child birth?
  91. Diego, I'm scared? Can I hold your paw.
  92. Just go with the pain. It's just a contraction.
  93. Just breathe, that's the important thing.
  94. I don't want to panic anybody, but who's flying this thing?
  95. You have no idea what I'm going through.
  96. I liked you guys better when you were extinct.
  97. That's its tail. It's a girl.
  98. She looks just like her mother.
  99. Never thought I would say this, but I missed you buddy.
  100. I promised myself I wouldn't cry.
  101. Come here, kids. Well let me tell you something, you're where you belong now and I'm sure you're gonna grow up to be giant, horrifying dinosaurs just like your mother.
  102. Can I babysit for you?
  103. I never thought of going back. I've been down here so long, it feels like up to me.
  104. Ah, they grow so fast, huh? Look at my kids. Seems they were born one day and then gone the next.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel