Rose Festival Pictures

You know, I could have sworn that I blogged about this already but apparently not. I really apologise for my lack of updates (and I know I say this a lot but I do mean it every single time) but I find that I'm really tired nowadays and my life isn't that interesting. I wonder what losing the will to blog means - I do mean to update but I don't. So maybe this is the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak?

Except for what goes on at Huis ten Bosch which means this blog can practically be an unofficial blog for them. Kinda like what I wanted to talk about today.

So I'm totally late and it's already over but Huis ten Bosch had a Rose Festival until recently. And obviously, I took photos. There are a few spots so I guess I should introduce them in turn.

Art Garden

The Art Garden is probably the highlight of the entire rose festival because there are so many roses there! Not to mention there is one spot which is probably in all the advertisements. Needless to say, this is going to be the section with the most pictures.

This is the entrance:


And right next to the entrance.


I realised I didn't take a picture of the rose carpet when it was in full-bloom, but here is a sort of picture I took with my phone before full bloom.


And yes, my picture editing quality is very uneven.




The art garden is full of these "boxes" which basically trap the scent of roses inside! Definitely for people who love the smell of roses.


A look from the inside of another rose box:


And this is probably the most popular area for the rose festival. I feel really lucky I managed to get an empty photo.


Close up of some of the roses they have there:


And there are arches of roses!


Arches and arches and arches


I could walk under them forever. But all good things do come to an end.


There's also a really pretty resting area, with roses crawling up the walls.


And this is in the middle of the walkway with all the arches! A completely different view if you ask me.


Canal Area

The canal area has 1km of roses! You could see it if you took the canal cruiser from the entrance to tower city, but I didn't take that. Instead, I walked and got these photos:



And this is what you get if you decide to walk along the canal.



These aren't roses, but it's now the hydrangea season. I took these during the rose season, but I really need to go back and get photos of these.


Palace Huis ten Bosch

This is the last place that I went to. The front of the palace has two rose "gardens" - one white and one red.



The above was the red one and this (below) is the white one.



There was some pink mixed with white.


The rose festival was an extremely beautiful event and I really enjoyed looking at the roses! I'm really sorry that I didn't share these photos in time, but you should definitely go for next year's event if you like roses!

(if you don't mind going towards the end of the rose festival, you may be able to catch roses and hydrangeas at the same time. It may not be as impressive as full bloom though)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel